If you’ve heard the adage, what a difference a day makes, then it’s probably not that big of a leap to consider what a difference a year and a half makes. Since the start of the pandemic, legal professionals worldwide have become one of the most sought-after employment groups. Shortages are occurring at every level of experience but are most stringently felt at mid-level legal staffing.
Market research shows that nearly 80% of companies who need legal personnel are trying to hire lawyers at the mid-level range. This hiring is motivated by the need to have legal experts with experience and technical skills to “oversee projects helping their clients to adapt to legislative change.” In many cases, there aren’t enough of these types of legal professionals to manage the flurry of change happening now.
Another reason for the talent shortage is that clients expect a lot from legal professionals these days. It’s not enough to just simply “practice law.” According to Forbes, legal professionals nowadays must know how to “meld law, technology, and business, and apply principles of digital transformation to the legal function.” Why the need for such a Swiss Army knife set of skills?
The legal teams that are thriving during this crisis have learned to work with the ebb and flow of demand.
Managing legal workloads to stay profitable
According to Thomson-Reuters’ Pandemic Performers Report 2021, many law firms thrived during the pandemic, while others had to deeply cut costs and personnel to maintain profitability. The law firms that are thriving during this health crisis have learned to work with the ebb and flow of demand. Knowing what clients’ needs are today, versus what they may be months from now, is hard to pinpoint.
In times of high client demand and eras of swift legislative change, it’s best to staff with flexible, experienced legal talent. If your firm or legal department faces staffing shortages at any level, contact Legility. Legility matches its clients with highly credentialed lawyers with years of deep experience across diverse practice areas – so you get talent when you need it, where you need it.
Five key reasons to consider flexible legal staffing for your business:
- Save costs associated with full-time staff. Legal departments save more than 50% as compared to traditional models. Law firms can lower client costs while preserving partner and associate margins.
- Work the ebb and flow of business. Get the urgent work done well, end the contract when work is slower. Keep arrangements open-ended to maintain a perfect fit for your legal needs. Target your specific legal needs for any time frame for both tactical and strategic assignments.
- Fill talent gaps with flexible “perfect fit” people while waiting to make permanent hires. It’s taking a long time to find the perfect permanent fit. Flex legal pros will keep the stream of legal work going as long as it takes. Whether you need a legal expert for a short or long-term engagement, it’s the ultimate cost-effective and flexible option – that never compromises expertise.
- Meet the need for multifaceted legal advisors. Legility flex legal professionals have all the law/business/technology skillsets today’s business demands. Our legal of talented lawyers are ready to be client-facing from Day One. Drawing from a roster of thousands of top lawyers across diverse practice areas and jurisdictions, we match your specific legal needs with experienced professionals.
- Drive change in your legal department. Drive business success with tailor-made legal teams and consultative solutions that match your unique business needs. If your legal department is missing diversity, equity, and inclusion targets; or suffers from a lack of digital transformation experience in staffing, Legility can help find legal candidates that meet your needs.
Get a direct connection to experienced legal talent when & where you need it.
In times of high client demand and eras of swift legislative change, it’s best to staff with flexible, experienced legal talent.
Benefits of flexible legal talent
Maintaining an even flow to meeting a firm’s or business’ legal needs is an on-going challenge. But staffing shortages don’t need to curtail your business objectives. A key reason to hire a flexible legal professional from Legility is that you can benefit from the best of the best. Your business can choose from an expert or specialist in their legal field to tackle an area that you are not able to manage in-house. This means you can get back to running your business knowing that you have made a cost-effective decision that achieves the best results.
Legility is a legal services company providing data hosting and management, technology-enabled services, consulting, flexible legal talent, and managed review services to in-house law departments and law firms. Legility is not, and none of its affiliates are, a law firm and does not provide legal advice as part of its services and nothing contained herein should be construed as such.