Keeping Your Business in Motion During COVID-19
As the world works to contain the spread of COVID-19, the Legility team is adapting. We've implemented safety measures and are taking care of our employees and our clients.
We’re also helping law firms and legal teams globally make a seamless transition to remote business with our secure remote solutions, backed by our experienced teams and world-class protocols.
Discover new ways to get the business of law done:
With the immediacy of the evolving COVID-19 situation requiring analysis of contractual options, companies must be able to efficiently assess their risk. A fast review, capture, and abstraction process can surface actionable information in contracts.
Legility’s virtual managed review provides peace of mind that review work will be done on time and with quality – no matter what. We’ve built working remotely into our daily operations, so our clients can trust their business with us will not be disrupted even in unprecedented times.
With workforces impacted, many in-house departments need employment-law expertise. Healthcare specialization is in demand, as that sector grapples with supply shortages and property management. Universities, retailers, and hospitality are facing similar challenges. Flexible legal talent provides access specialized, qualified lawyers quickly.
Litigants and case teams should consider remote eDiscovery methods that will keep their employees safe. Remote Assisted Collection Kits allow a forensic examiner to access data on a device that may be thousands of miles away.
As COVID-19 and its variants continue to affect the global community, we have taken steps to ensure business continuity for all our clients and partners around the world, and taken decisive action to slow the transmission of coronavirus for the health of our employees, our communities, and society as a whole.
Like all of you, we want to take all the steps we can to ensure the safety of our employees while continuing to provide services without disruption to our clients. Fortunately, our business model, along with steps we have taken to prepare for events like these, put us in a good position to remain agile during this trying time:
- Business Continuity Plan: Based on guidance from the World Health Organization, we have augmented our already robust ISO27001 compliant Business Continuity Plan with specific steps to help us navigate through this event.
- Zero Systems Impact: We have a robust and distributed eDiscovery technology footprint, and the performance of our systems will not be impacted by the development of this public health situation.
- Remote Workforce: We have a number of employees that already work remotely, and as of March 2020, we encourage the broader Legility teams to work remotely as a precaution. This is a normal work practice for us, and clients will see no change in ability to maintain the high-quality, fabled service that is one of our core values. Employees that must work in one of our global offices follow stringent health and safety protocols.
- Secure Virtual Managed Review: For our centralized Managed Review teams, we provide highly secure remote access for our teams through our Secure Virtual Attorney solution. For clients of these services, we will be consulting with you directly to ensure you understand our secure remote capabilities and support this for your projects before we make changes to your environment.
- Travel Restrictions: We have stopped all unnecessary employee travel, both international and domestic, until we see an improvement in outlook and sentiment. Like many of you, we have instructed employees to leverage technology and conduct internal and external meetings virtually as much as possible. Where travel is necessary, our employees follow strict health and safety protocols.
As with many businesses, there are a limited number of job functions that need to occur in one of our offices. We maximize our global, multi-location footprint to maintain these services and will keep our clients updated on any changes to our physical office availability, as needed.
The health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and communities is paramount. We have provided clear guidelines to our employees that are aligned with both common sense and best practices from the World Health Organization.
This is an unprecedented time for everyone, and the situation continues to evolve. We are committed to maintaining our business operations and ensuring you continue to receive the highest quality service from us, without disruption. We are fortunate that we can make these changes with no business disruption, and we thank you for your continued trust in us.